REI Co-op, the biggest client co-op and out of doors forte store in the USA, and Capital One, offered their card partnership and introduced the brand new REI Co-op® Mastercard® program. This new program provides current and new cardholders a compelling set of advantages and evokes individuals’ day by day pursuit of a lifestyles outdoor by means of rewarding on a regular basis purchases to make stronger their out of doors adventures.
The brand new REI Co-op Mastercard, manufactured from 85% recycled fabrics, provides advantages for REI individuals that acknowledge their hobby for the outside, together with:
- 5% again in REI Co-op Mastercard Rewards for purchases at REI, together with on sale pieces, used tools, retailer products and services and REI reward playing cards
- 5% again in REI Co-op Mastercard Rewards on purchases in every single place else
- No annual price and no international transaction charges
- Card rewards that won’t expire for the lifetime of the account and individuals can redeem rewards as they earn them
- A welcome bonus be offering of a $100 REI reward card for brand new cardholder accounts, after the primary out of retailer acquire made inside the first 60 days of opening the account
- A $50 REI Co-op annual commentary credit score after they use their card to e book an REI Co-op Revel in
- The power to earn double card rewards on REI purchases all the way through an annual particular tournament duration
- The power to select to show their most well-liked identify on their card*
- Mastercard’s International Elite® unique provides on ridesharing, meals supply and on-line buying groceries; reductions on film tickets and get admission to to Worthwhile® Studies; and peace of thoughts with coverage from identification robbery and fraudulent purchases.
Cardmembers may even obtain 5% again in card rewards for donations made to the REI Cooperative Motion Fund, a 501(c)(3) community-supported public charity that immediately helps organizations selling justice, fairness and belonging within the open air. Capital One may even make stronger the fund with an annual donation as a key pillar of the cardboard partnership.
“We selected Capital One to be our Mastercard spouse on account of their skill to make stronger the co-op’s increasing wishes, and align to the co-op’s broader philanthropy objectives,” stated Pardis Ghorbani, Vice President of Buyer and Emblem Products and services at REI. “Most significantly, this card provides our individuals a variety of advantages and extra nice tactics to assist them pursue their out of doors passions.”
Capital One provides industry-leading virtual functions that assist create a continuing revel in for cardholders, together with a top-rated cellular app. Along with Capital One’s virtual focal point, REI selected the corporate as its new card spouse with an appreciation for not unusual values, together with demonstrated dedication and motion within the spaces of network engagement, monetary well-being, sustainability and variety, inclusion and belonging for its network.
“We’re delighted to be partnering with REI Co-op, an organization that cares deeply about their individuals and their hobby for the outside,” stated Greenback Stinson, Senior Vice President of Card Partnerships at Capital One. “We sit up for offering our best-in-class choices to cardmembers, beginning with a compelling price proposition that helps REI Co-op’s logo and undertaking.”
“We’re so glad to develop our partnerships with Capital One and REI Co-op, two firms that proportion Mastercard’s dedication to construction an international during which our other folks and planet thrive,” stated Bunita Sawhney, Government Vice President of U.S. Monetary Establishments at Mastercard. “With this newest card program release, we’re bringing thrilling advantages to cardmembers who’re enthusiastic about the outside.”
In 2022, Capital One was once named to Time’s “100 Maximum Influential Firms” checklist for its choice to get rid of overdraft charges and non-sufficient budget charges for all Capital One client financial institution shoppers, and are persistently identified on ‘ultimate puts to paintings’ lists together with Forbes “Very best Employers for Range.” Capital One could also be dedicated to protective the surroundings, with additional data to be had at https://www.capitalone.com/setting.
For more info on methods REI has been operating on maximum lately talk over with REI’s 2021 Have an effect on Document. For more info at the REI Co-op Mastercard, presented by means of Capital One, please talk over with rei.com/mastercard.
Disclosures: Acquire and Steadiness Switch APRs: a variable charge of 15.49%, 22.49% or 26.49%%, in line with your creditworthiness. Money Advance APR: 26.49% variable. Variable APRs as of seven/1/2022. Steadiness Switch Rate: 3% of the volume of each and every transferred stability that posts in your account at a promotional APR that Capital One would possibly give you, none for balances transferred on the Switch APR. Money Advance Rate: higher of four% of advance quantity or $10.
Converting the identify as it seems that in your bank card is not going to exchange the criminal identify in your account or your accountability on your account. Capital One will proceed to make use of an individual’s criminal identify on statements and different communications and for identification verification functions.
Supply: Capital One